Thank you to all the musicians, slideshow creators, Zoom MCs, editors and designers, computer technicians, and slideshow operators who have helped create meaningful music experiences in our Zoom worship these last few months. It takes a village!
Did you know that we have a YouTube channel with a playlist that includes many of the videos you've seen at church services lately. Here's how to access the videos:
- Go to YouTube.com.
- Then type in "OrangeCoastUU" (all one word) in YouTube's search bar. Our channel will pop up at the top of the list.
- Click on the channel title "OrangeCoastUU" and it will take you to our channel's home page.
- Click on the Subscribe button so you will get notified of new material that's been uploaded (sermons and music).
- Then click on the 3rd tab over: "Playlists." There you will find the OCUUC Music Videos playlist.
- There are currently 29 music videos from our recent services on our Playlist. You can just begin playing the first one, and it will continue through all 29 videos. Or you can browse through to find what you'd like to hear. There's also a little arrow to LOOP the videos so it will continuously run, and an arrow to SHUFFLE the videos in case you want to mix it up a bit.
And lastly, everyone's invited to attend choir rehearsals on Thursday nights at 7:30 pm. No one can hear you sing, so it's a perfect time to try out choir, especially if you're nervous or inexperienced. Additionally, if you'd like to participate in the virtual choir pieces we're doing but are unable to attend the Thursday rehearsals, just let me know. I can keep you in the loop if you'd like to be involved. We are getting ready to "perform" for upcoming events such as Transgender Day of Remembrance, Newport Mesa Irvine Interfaith Council's annual Thanksgiving Celebration, and Winters Solstice Singing Rituals.
Thanks for all your support of the Music Ministries during this most unique time!
Director of Music Ministries
Beth Syverson is Orange Coast Unitarian Universalist Church's Director of Music Ministries. She plans and arranges the music for worship on Sunday mornings, provides piano music during services, and directs the Orange Coast Choir. She is also the artistic director of OCUUC’s concert series—Orange Coast Concerts—which features several eclectic concerts throughout the year.