Camp Opportunities 2018RejUUvenation Retreat 2018: Friday–Sunday, Oct. 5-7, 2018Each fall, we join with 2 nearby OCUUC congregations to have a weekend retreat at our UU Camp 1/2 hour from Redlands and on the way to Big Bear Lake. The camp is affordable and we have a great time.
Register for CampTo register for camp, print and fill out the 2018 Camp Registration Form and bring it to church.
Camp DetailsCamp de Benneville Pines is our beautiful UU camp in the San Bernardino Mountains. OCUUC, Tapestry UU Congregation, of Mission Viejo, and the UU Fellowship of Laguna Beach share this camp weekend together. We had a wonderful weekend last year, sharing interactions and activities at camp. These events help bring us all closer together. Our UU district camp has steadily grown. Experiencing the mountains and forest is satisfying, and interaction with members from other churches and fellowships enriches the experience.There will be activities for all ages from kids to seniors, or people can spend the entire weekend reading or dozing with feet up at the fireplace in the lodge. Janet James manages the facility, which is very comfortable, and the food is terrific. Camp activities are in the planning stage but will include things like hiking, archery, canoeing and kayaking, yoga, meditation, worship, singing, a treasure hunt, board games, art and workshops. Camp is open to members and friends, singles and families, all are encouraged to participate. Check out a past year's schedule to get an idea of what it's like.The costs are the same as last year. Families with children in religious education will receive a $100 discount. Any camper should apply for a camp scholarship if cost makes it difficult to attend. The scholarship application is included with the registration form above.To suggest a camp activity, or if you would like more information, please contact camp@OCUUC.orgMANY CAMPS OFFERED THROUGHOUT THE YEARTake a moment to look at the Camp de Benneville Pines schedule of events! There are many different camps held throughout the year.In the Summer, there are week long camps:
- Elementary Summer Youth Camp in July
- Junior High Summer Youth Camp in July
- Senior High Summer Youth Camp in July
- Summer Family Camp in August
- Summer Camps for Adults in August
- UU Choir Retreat in August
- Walking the Walk Social Justice Family Camp in August
- Art Groove: Summer Art Program for Adults
- Camp Bravo Theater Arts Camps in June and July
- Elementary Children and their families in February
- Camp Aranu’tiq (Ar-a-NOO-tick) for Transgender Youth and their Families in the March
- Rainbow Family Camp in March and also in May
- Inspire Homeschooling Family Retreat in June and also October
- Pine-Con Game Retreat in October
- UU Men’s Fellowship Spring Renewal in April
- UU Women’s Retreat in May
- Camp Recovery in April
- Mid-Week Work Camps in April and November
- Summer Arts Program for Adults – Weeklong in August
- Young Adult Camp – Long Weekend in September
- Yoga Retreat in September
- ACA Retreat in September
- Daughters of Diana Women’s Pagan Weekend in October
- Music in the Mountains Folk Music Retreat in November
- Thanksgiving Family Celebration in November
- Winter Art Camp in December
About Camp de Benneville PinesCamp de Benneville Pines is located in the Barton Flats area of the San Bernardino National Forest, about 90 miles east of Los Angeles. At an elevation of 6,800 feet and a short walk from Jenks Lake, the camp is surrounded by a forest of towering pines, cedars, and oaks.
You can read about the history of Camp de Benneville Pines.