Dear OCUUC Parents-
Blessings of the season to all!
Please stop by the Social Hall after the potluck on Sunday 12/18 to hear a presentation on Ethical Eating. OCUUC would like to have more involvement in this important movement to assist the planet and all that make up the interdependent web.
The day is rapidly approaching for our Christmas Eve pageant! We still need some help behind the scenes for the presentation Would You Like to Hold the Baby? This will be a wonderful evening of family and church bonding and holiday fun. Please bring a treat or snack to share for the social hour from 6:30-7:30 p.m. that night. Beth Syverson will be leading the choir, and I am coordinating the acting roles. Rehearsal for the actors is this Thursday December 22nd. Pizza dinner for the rehearsal diner, 6:00 p.m. for pizza, rehearsal begins at 6:30.
We will be moving ahead to create a pilot program for a full RE program at our first service time on Sundays. Please send any thoughts, ideas or comments to me, we need to hear from you. The target date for beginning is February 5. We will need teachers and participants. We are very excited and hope to expand our vibrant RE program to a wider community. We will need your assistance and talents for this pilot. Please contact Rayna if you can assist or have any questions or suggestions.
We are in the process of setting up dates for winter/spring Our Whole Lives for Sr. high and for our 4-6 graders. Our Whole Lives (OWL) provides a safe setting with trained facilitators for children and youth learn about their bodies. In addition to providing accurate information, OWL encourages the older youth to explore their own sexual identities and ethics, and to critically examine the messages from the larger culture.
Thanks for all you do~~
Rayna Hamre, OCUUC Director of Religious Education
- Rehearsal for the Christmas Eve children’s choir and pageant actors. All children are invited to participate:
- Rehearsal for all actors and choir members is Dec. 22. Actors can wear bathrobes if they play people, animals will wear the color of their animal, any style of clothing. If you have an earth color or plain head scarf for the people roles, please bring it. I will have some on hand for actors to borrow.
- The children’s choir will sing at the Christmas Eve service which will be on Saturday, December 24 at 7:30pm. Children can participate in BOTH the pageant and the children’s choir if they wish. MusicDirectorocuucorg (MusicDirectorocuucorg) or dreocuucorg (dreocuucorg)
Backstage pageant help is needed:
- Costume & mask helpers (night of the performance), staging coordinators, prop assistants, clean up and set break down(at least 4 helpers needed) dreocuucorg
- Registration is ongoing for winter camps at de Benneville Pines. Sr. registration goes fast, sign up asap http://www.uucamp.org/
- Ongoing. Families are invited to bring non-perishable foods and toiletry items for the Share Our Selves (SOS) little green shopping cart on the patio. Goods will be dropped at SOS each week.
- June 20-24 2012, UU Justice General Assembly (GA) in Phoenix http://www.uua.org/ga/ GA is the yearly general conference for the entire UU denomination. This year it is being held in Phoenix, and this is a wonderful opportunity for our families and youth to attend. We hope to have some fund raisers this year to help send our youth to Justice GA. Here is is a link to the new UU Justice GA blog http://immigrationjustice.blogs.uua.org/