Dear OCUUC Parents-
Here our highlighted activities for this week:
Craft, Cider and stories night with Judi & Rayna on Sat. 11/19 RSVP requested so we can plan supplies and food. This event will be cancelled if we do not receive your RSVPs by Wed. Nov. 16, so let us know if you can make it for this evening of family fun!
Special thanks this week to Ariana Kenney and Karen-Magoon Pearson for their assistance on November First Sunday, and to Merrie Lee and Heather McCoy for putting together our youth Halloween party.
Thanks for all you do~~
Rayna Hamre, OCUUC Director of Religious Education
- Family Night of Crafts, Cider and Stories, Saturday November 19th, 4-7 p.m. Come for a cozy evening of crafts with Judi and stories with Rayna. Warm cider and fall snacks, too. All who are young at heart are most welcome! Please RSVP to Rayna (dreocuucorg) so we can plan supplies and food. dreocuucorg (dreocuucorg)
- Saturday November 19th from 9am to 1pm at the Orangethorpe Methodist Church to hand out food to the needy. Call or text Merrie Lee.
- All children and youth are invited to sing in the Christmas Eve children’s choir. There are animal parts and parts for hand percussion also. All children are invited to participate:
- Rehearsals will be Sundays from 1:00-1:45pm in the Gillan 3 classroom on these dates: November 27; December 4; December 11; December 18
- The children’s choir will sing at the Christmas Eve service which will be on Saturday, December 24 at 7pm. There will be a rehearsal around 6pm that night. The Christmas Eve service this year will be the “Would You Like to Hold the Baby?” pageant, which involves children, youth, and grown-ups acting out the nativity story. Children can participate in BOTH the pageant and the children’s choir if they wish. MusicDirectorocuucorg (MusicDirectorocuucorg) or dreocuucorg (dreocuucorg)
- Winter Jr. High OWL. The UU Fellowship of Long Beach will be hosting Jr. High Our Whole Lives (OWL) for grades 8-9 (grade 7 on a case-by-case basis). This class will be held from late January to early March 2012. OWL training teaches young people to be responsible and become knowledgeable about their bodies and sexual choices. Contact Rayna or Merrie Lee if you are interested and would like more information. Info flyers will be available at the RE Table with the dates dreocuucorg (dreocuucorg)
- Families are invited to bring non-perishable foods and toiletry items for the Share Our Selves (SOS) little green shopping cart on the patio. Goods will be dropped at SOS each week.
- June 20-24 2012, UU Justice General Assembly in Phoenix http://www.uua.org/ga/ This is our yearly general conference for the entire UU denomination. This year it is being held in Phoenix, and this is a wonderful opportunity for our families and youth to attend. We hope to have some fund raisers this year to help send our youth to Justice GA. Here is is a link to the new UU Justice GA blog http://immigrationjustice.blogs.uua.org/
Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.