Welcome to OCUUC!
On behalf of our congregation, welcome to OCUUC! We are an intimate and open-minded group brought together by our ongoing search for a spiritual home — a home that encourages religious questioning, nourishes individual pathways, and provides a respite from life’s daily demands.
We invite you to attend our services, make connections, and participate in any of our programs and activities.
- See below for the Basics of Your First Visit, including a map to our location
- Learn about our Beliefs and Values
- Read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Read some Member Experiences
- Fill out a Visitor Contact Form
Your First Visit
In early 2013, we moved to a new location at 2845 Mesa Verde Drive East in Costa Mesa. The campus is at the corner of Adams Ave. and Mesa Verde Dr. East, sharing driveways with visible businesses such as Torelli Realty, Costa Mesa Chamber of Commerce, and Piecemakers Country Store. Look for the brown buildings in the rear corner of the center, labeled 2845.
- Parking is around the outside of the campus
- Marked handicap parking stalls on the North side of the campus
- Ramps are available to enter the courtyard from all parking areas
- Building entrances are from the inner courtyard
Located on our patio is the Welcome Table where you will be greeted warmly by a member of our community. Please fill out a Guest Information form, make a name tag, and pick up information about our congregation and Unitarian Universalism.
Pick up an Order of Service with readings, hymn numbers, announcements and the upcoming calendar. Sit where you are most comfortable. Our services last about an hour and include opening words, visitor welcome, congregation and choir singing, an offering, and a sermon.
We are currently on our “Summer Schedule” and we hold one service on Sunday morning at 10:30am.
After each service, everyone meets in the social hall or patios for coffee and conversation.
Patio tables have information about: social justice and adult programs, Religious Education for Children and Youth, the Young Adult Group. There is also a chance to browse the UU bookstore or purchase gift cards for many businesses at the Scrip table.